Instant Pot Coconut Lime Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons melted Cabot Unsalted Butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 12 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut cream (solid part from top of a can of full
fat coconut milk), room temperature
- 1/2 cup Cabot Lowfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Crust: Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a 7 x 3-inch cheesecake pan (one with a bottom that pops out) with
parchment paper around the sides and on the bottom. Combine graham cracker
crumbs (*see note), shredded coconut, flour, brown sugar and salt in a small
bowl and stir together with a fork.
- Slowly pour in the melted butter mixing with the fork to combine as you
pour until mixture starts to stick together. You’ll likely use somewhere
between 3-4. Transfer the mixture to the bottom of the prepared pan. Use the
back of a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup to evenly press the mixture
into the pan making sure to tightly pack along the edges.
- Bake the crust for about 12 minutes or until you notice it just starting
to turn golden brown. Remove from oven; let cool on a baking rack while you
- Filling: Place the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a small bowl,
mix until combined.
- Place the cream cheese and coconut cream in a medium bowl. Mix with an
electric hand-held mixer on low speed for about 10-15 seconds until just
combined. Add half the sugar mixture while continuing to mix on low speed,
once combined (about 10 seconds) add the remainder of the mixture and mix
until just incorporated.
- Add the Greek yogurt, lime juice, lime zest, vanilla and coconut
extracts to the bowl. Mix again on low speed until just incorporated, about
15 seconds. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low speed until batter is
smooth, about 20-25 seconds.
- Pour the filling on top of the pre-baked crust and hit it gently on the
counter to evenly distribute and remove any air bubbles.
- Pour 1 cup water into a 6-quart Instant Pot then place the steamer rack
- Press manual/pressure cook for 28 minutes and leave the lid off until
water comes to a boil.
- Make an aluminum foil sling by folding a long piece lengthwise three
times to go under the cheesecake pan and up the sides so that you can lower
it in and pull it out of the pressure cooker more easily. Once water is
boiling, lower the cheesecake with the aluminum foil sling down onto the
steamer rack. Fold the aluminum foil down so that it fits inside the Instant
Pot but make sure it doesn’t touch the cheesecake filling (fold it back
behind itself to avoid this if necessary).
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot with the venting knob in the venting
position. Once closed, turn the knob to the sealing position. It should come
to pressure in about 2 minutes. Let it cook on high pressure for the 28
minutes then full natural release (about 9-12 minutes).
- Slowly remove the lid trying not to let any condensation fall onto the
top of the cheesecake. If there is any liquid pooled in the middle of the
cheesecake, gently dab it with a paper towel to absorb. Let cheesecake cool
in the Instant Pot with the lid off for about 15-20 minutes.
- Run a thin knife carefully between the parchment paper and side of the
cheesecake pan then pull the cheesecake pan out of the Instant Pot using the
aluminum foil sling. Let the cheesecake cool completely to room temperature
on the counter.
- When completely cooled, place in the refrigerator and cool for at least
4 hours, preferably 8. Remove cheesecake from refrigerator when ready to
serve. Pop the cake out of the sides of the pan from the bottom, remove the
parchment paper and place on a serving dish/cake stand. Garnish with toasted
coconut and lime zest on top if desired.
Prep: 45 min | Cook: 28 min | Total: 8 hr
* To make Graham cracker crumbs, place Graham crackers in a food processor and
process until fine crumb consistency.
Recipe and photo courtesy of
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.