IP Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
For the dreamiest, most luxurious, super creamy macaroni and cheese, break
out your instant-pot, Cabot cheeses and butter! This instant-pot mac and cheese
creates the taste and texture you crave when enjoying this ultimate comfort
dish, but makes it extremely convenient to make - no draining the noodles here.
With three different cheeses – cream cheese, sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack,
this is one rich and yummy mac and cheese!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 4 tablespoons Cabot Unsalted Butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground mustard, preferably English mustard
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated onion or onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 4 cups water
- 4 ounces Cabot Cream Cheese, cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 8 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces Cabot Monterey Jack, grated (about 2 cups)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Add the macaroni followed by the butter, water, ground mustard, kosher salt,
granulated onion or onion powder, black pepper, and cayenne pepper to the bowl
of the Instant Pot. Secure the lid and make sure the vent is set to "SEALING."
- Select "Manual," set pressure to "HIGH" for 4 minutes.
- When the 4 minutes is up, quick release the pressure by flipping the vent to
- Open the lid and add the cubed cream cheese. Stir gently but thoroughly until
the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the milk, Seriously Sharp Cheddar, and Monterey Jack and continue to stir
until all of the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 10 min | Serves 6-8
Courtesy of Rebecca Lindamood.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Instant Pot Recipes