Instant Pot® Mashed Potatoes
- 5 to 8 medium potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces Half-and-Half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the washed potatoes in the Instant Pot.
- Pour on the water and sprinkle with salt.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press MANUAL and then use the + (PLUS) or - (MINUS) button to choose 20 minutes pressure cooking time.
- When time is up, open the cooker using QPR.
- Transfer potatoes to mixing bowl, reserving the cooking water. Remove the skins while they are still hot.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid and 2 tablespoons Half-and-Half and begin mashing with a potato masher. Continue adding small quantities of the cooking liquid and half-and-half until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste.