Pumpkin Cheesecake in the Instant Pot
Pumpkin Cheesecake is the ultimate Thanksgiving dessert.
- 1 cup gingersnap crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, warmed*
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
* Warm the cream cheese. Put the wrapped cream cheese in an open zip top bag.
Push it into hot tap water to force the air out and then seal it. Weight it down
with a plate for about 15 minutes.
Sour Cream Topping
- 3/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon, for sprinkling
- 1 - 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Whipped cream
- Prepare a 7-inch springform pan by coating it with nonstick spray. Line
with parchment paper if desired. Make a sling with a 20-inch piece of
aluminum foil, folded three times lengthwise.
- Crust: In a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, sugar and butter.
Spread evenly in the bottom and 1 inch up the side of the pan. Place in the
freezer for 10 minutes.
- Filling: In a mixing bowl mix cream cheese and sugars at medium speed
until smooth. Mix in remaining ingredients just until blended. Pour batter
into the springform pan on top of the crust.
- Put 1 cup water and the trivet into the IP. Place the cheesecake,
uncovered, on the trivet, close the lid and set the valve to Sealing. Select
high pressure and use the + and – buttons to get to 29 minutes for a 7-inch
6-inch pan - 32 minutes
7-inch pan - 29 minutes
8-inch pan - 27 minutes
4-inch pans, ramekins or Mason jars - 11 minutes
- When it beeps that it's done, leave it for a 15-minute Natural Release.
- Flip the valve from Sealing to Venting and, when the pin drops, remove
the cheesecake. The cheesecake will firm up as it cools.
- Remove cheesecake and check the cheesecake to see if the middle is set.
If not, cook the cheesecake an additional 5 minutes. Use the corner of a
paper towel to gently soak up any water on top of the cheesecake.
- Remove the springform pan to a wire rack to cool. When cheesecake has
cooled, refrigerate covered with plastic wrap for at least 4 hours or
- Sour Cream Topping: Whisk together the sour cream or yogurt, sugar and vanilla
extract. Spread over the top of the cheesecake.
- If desired, sprinkle with diced crystallized ginger or a little cinnamon
or decorate with whipped cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.