This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Vermont Bread Pudding in the Instant Pot
Serve this Vermont Bread Pudding warm or chilled with whipped cream,
ice cream or caramel sauce.
- 4 slices bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or more brown sugar)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup nuts, raisins, chopped figs or dates or
whatever else may be desired
- Spray a 6-cup Bundt pan, a 6 or 7-inch cake pan or casserole dish with
- Whisk together everything except the bread. Pour over the bread and let
it soak in for a few minutes. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and
cover it with aluminum foil.
- Set a trivet in the Instant Pot. Pour 1 1/2 cups water into the Instant
Pot. Put the pudding on the trivet, close the lid and set the valve to
Sealing. Push the Pressure Cook (or Manual) button and use the + or – button
to get to 25 minutes. Cook time is 25 minutes for all pan sizes.
- When it beeps that it's done, leave it for a 10-minute natural release.
Then flip the valve from Sealing to Venting for a quick release of any
remaining pressure and when the pin drops, open the pot, lift the pudding
out and remove the aluminum foil.
- Let it cool on the counter for a few minutes and then invert onto a