Bacon and Cream Cheese Rolls
I submitted this recipe for my club cookbook over 25 years ago. I don't recall where the recipe came from, but my friend recently saw something similar on the King Arthur website! This is a quick and easy appetizer to make if you are planning a Super Bowl party.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons crushed chives
- 1 tablespoon crushed parsley
- 10 slices bread
Other ingredients can also be added to the spread: roasted red peppers,
mustard or horseradish sauce for a bit of zip, or even finely chopped shrimp or
- Cut crust off bread.
- Whip the cream cheese and spread on bread.
- Sprinkle with chives and parsley, and any other ingredients as desired.
- Roll up and wrap in strips of bacon.
- Secure with toothpicks at intervals to hold together.
- Chill until firm, then cut in sections (quarters) and broil on each side until bacon is brown.
- Serve hot.
Posted by GourmetGal at Kitchen Roundtable.