Almond Sponge Roll
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Splenda
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces ricotta
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Batter: Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Beat egg yolks until they are light, then
gradually beat in the almonds or almond meal and about a teaspoon of stevia.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff, but not dry, and fold in vanilla extract.
Fold the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Grease a baking pan, and line with tinfoil so that the foil extends over the
edge of the pan; grease the foil well. Pour the batter into the pan, spread evenly,
and bake for 15 minutes.
- As soon as the cake comes from the oven, reverse the pan onto wax paper, or a
clean towel which has been dusted with almond powder. Loosen the edges of the foil,
and very carefully peel off the foil, being cautious not to tear the surface of
- Filling: Mix ingredients for filling, adding Splenda to the sweetness of your choice.
Spread filling on cake very carefully as not to tear it. Gently roll the cake, and
serve when slightly cooled.
Yield: 12 servings
Per Serving: 155 Cal (66% from Fat, 24% from Protein, 10% from Carb); 10
g Protein; 11 g Tot Fat; 4 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 96 mg Calcium; 1 mg iron; 76 mg Sodium;
170 mg Cholesterol