Asparagus with Toasted Pine Nuts
and Lemon Vinai
- 1 pound fresh asparagus spears
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried whole oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus. Remove scales from stalks with knife or vegetable
peeler, if desired. Place spears in a steaming rack over boiling water; cover and
steam 4-5 minutes or until spears are crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sauté pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir with a
wire whisk to blend. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly
heated, stirring constantly. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Let stand to room temperature before serving.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 185 Cal (78% from Fat, 9% from Protein, 14% from Carb); 4 g
Protein; 17 g Tot Fat; 7 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; 34 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 297 mg Sodium;
0 mg Cholesterol
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.