- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained and finely chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon steak sauce
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and discard all but 2 t ablespoons drippings.
- Sauté onion in drippings until tender.
- Crumble bacon: add with mushrooms to skillet and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine beef, pork, cheese, pepper, garlic powder and steak sauce
in a large bowl. Shape into 16 patties.
- Divide bacon mixture and place over eight of the patties.
- Place remaining patties on top and press edges tightly to seal.
- Grill over medium coals until well-done (pork sausage in burgers requires thorough
- Serve on buns, with lettuce if desired.
Yield: 8 servings.
Per Serving: 177 Cal (52% from Fat, 40% from Protein, 8% from Carb); 17 g
Protein; 10 g Tot Fat; 3 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 52 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 202 mg Sodium;
51 mg Cholesterol
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.