- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon scallion, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine vinegar, wine, pepper, scallions and tarragon in saucepan. Cook over
low heat until reduced to half, about 8 minutes.
- Strain mixture into top of double boiler.
- With wire whisk or rotary beater, beat in beaten egg yolks and salt. Cook
over hot water until thickened. Beat in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time. Stir over
heat until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Serve hot over beef or fish fillets.
Yields 1 1/2 cups (6 tablespoons per serving).
Per Serving: 262 Cal (94% from Fat, 4% from Protein, 2% from Carb); 2 g Protein;
27 g Tot Fat; 2 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 32 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 536 mg Sodium; 222
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.