- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds stew beef, 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon, diced
- 24 small white onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, quartered
- Thoroughly combine first 7 ingredients; add beef and marinate at least 3 hours
at room temperature, or overnight in refrigerator.
- Drain meat reserving 1 cup of marinade. Place meat in removable liner of
slow cooker sprinkle with flour and salt and toss to coat meat.
- Fry bacon; fry onions in bacon fat until slightly brown, add garlic and fry for
30 seconds; remove onions, garlic and bacon with slotted spoon and add to meat in
- Sauté mushrooms in remaining bacon fat (add butter if needed). Remove mushrooms
with slotted spoon and add to meat-onion mixture. Pour reserved 1 cup of marinade
over all. Place liner in base.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
Yield: 8 servings
Per Serving: 894 Cal (63% from Fat, 32% from Protein, 5% from Carb); 69 g
Protein; 60 g Tot Fat; 11 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 65 mg Calcium; 9 mg Iron; 546 mg Sodium;
232 mg Cholesterol