Beef and Broccoli with Garlic Sauce
- 1 pound beef steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash
- 1 1/2 pound broccoli
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon ginger root, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown bean sauce
- 1 cup canned bamboo shoots, sliced
- Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef lengthwise into 2-inch strips. Cut strips
crosswise into 1/8-inch slices. Toss beef, the 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and the
salt and white pepper in a glass or plastic bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pare outer layer from broccoli stems. Cut broccoli lengthwise into 1-inch stems;
remove florets. Cut stems into 1-inch pieces. Place broccoli in boiling water;
heat to boiling. Cover and cook 2 minutes; drain. Immediately rinse in cold water;
drain. Mix cornstarch, sesame oil and broth.
- Heat 12-inch skillet or wok until very hot. Add the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil;
rotate skillet to coat bottom. Add beef; stir-fry 2 minutes or until beef is brown.
Remove beef from skillet.
- Heat skillet until very hot. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable
oil; rotate skillet to coat bottom. Add garlic, ginger root and bean sauce; stir-fry
30 seconds. Add bamboo shoots; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in beef and broccoli. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 15 seconds
or until thickened.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 280 Cal (56% from Fat, 35% from Protein, 9% from Carb); 25 g
Protein; 18 g Tot Fat; 6 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 61 mg Calcium; 3 mg Iron; 310 mg Sodium;
57 mg Cholesterol