Beef Patties with Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Shape beef into 6 oval patties. Melt butter in large skillet and add oil. Heat
until foaming. Add green onions and sauté until softened; stir in garlic and sauté
for 30 seconds. Add beef patties and cook to desired degree of doneness. Season
with salt and pepper. Set beef patties aside to keep warm on a hot platter.
- In same skillet, sauté mushrooms until limp and add to the warm beef patties.
- To prepare Mustard Cream Sauce, deglaze pan with dry white wine. Reduce volume
by half. Add Dijon mustard, heavy cream, tomato and capers. Heat slowly until hot
but do not boil.
- Pour Mustard Cream Sauce over beef and mushrooms. Sprinkle parsley over top to
garnish, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 509 Cal (63% from Fat, 32% from Protein, 4% from Carb); 39 g
Protein; 34 g Tot Fat; 5 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 35 mg Calcium; 4 mg Iron; 197 mg Sodium;
146 mg Cholesterol