Bohemian Beef Dinner
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 27 ounces sauerkraut
- Additional paprika
- In a Dutch oven, brown the beef, half at a time, in oil; drain. Add onions, garlic,
dill, caraway, paprika and water. Cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is
tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through but do not boil.
- Heat sauerkraut; drain and spoon onto a serving platter. Top with the beef mixture.
Sprinkle with paprika.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 588 Cal (60% from Fat, 33% from Protein, 8% from Carb); 48 g
Protein; 39 g Tot Fat; 11 g Carb; 4 g Fiber; 113 mg Calcium; 7 mg Iron; 960 mg Sodium;
168 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes