Canadian Cheddar Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons soy flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, cook onion and celery for about 5 minutes or
until tender; do not brown.
- Stir in flour, mustard, nutmeg and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock; simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables
are tender. If desired, puree until smooth in blender or food processor. (Note:
this is where the hand blender comes in REAL handy!)
- Add cream and water and bring almost to a boil.
- Add cheese; heat until just melted, stirring constantly.
- Add Worcestershire and a little salt.
Makes 6 servings.
Per Serving: 292 Cal (81% from Fat, 16% from Protein, 3% from Carb); 11 g
Protein; 27 g Tot Fat; 2 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 268 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 642 mg Sodium;
86 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes