- 8 ounces medium Cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons unflavored protein powder
- Set out a heavy skillet.
- Put the grated Cheddar cheese in a bowl and add the
sour cream and egg yolks, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the protein powder
salt thyme and dry mustard, which have been mixed well in a separate bowl or cup.
- Melt the butter in the skillet over low heat and drop the batter by teaspoon
into the skillet. Cook over medium heat until lightly browned on the bottom. Loosen
the edges with a spatula, turn and lightly brown the other side.
- Serve at once with bacon or pork sausage.
Makes about 2 dozen 3-inch cakes; 6 servings.
Per Serving: 272 Cal (77% from Fat, 40% from Protein, 3% from Carb); 14 g
Protein; 23 g Tot Fat; 2 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 326 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 639 mg Sodium;
161 mg Cholesterol