Cheese-Crusted Chicken with Cream
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (4 pound) broiler-fryer chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 5 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Remove chicken neck and giblets; reserve for other uses. Pull off and discard
lumps of fat. Rinse chicken inside and out, then pat dry. Brush skin with butter.
- Place chicken, breast up, on a rack in a 12 x 15-inch roasting pan.
- Roast, uncovered,
in a 375 degrees F oven until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh
(not touching bone) registers 185 degrees F, or until meat at thigh bone is no longer
pink (cut to test), about 1 hour.
- Using poultry shears or a knife, cut chicken into quarters. Arrange pieces, skin
side up and slightly apart, in a shallow ovenproof serving dish (use a 9 x 13-inch
rectangular or 12- to 15-inch oval dish). Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese. Return
to oven and turn off heat.
- Skim and discard fat from pan drippings. Stir in mustard
and 3/4 cup of the cream; bring to a boil over high heat and boil, stirring, until
shiny bubbles form 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add remaining 1/2 cup of cheese,
and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth (if necessary, thin sauce with
a little more cream). Keep sauce warm.
- Broil chicken 4 to 5 inches below heat until cheese is bubbly, about 1 minute.
- Pour sauce around chicken.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 957 Cal (71% from Fat, 29% from Protein, 1% from Carb); 68 g
Protein; 74 g Tot Fat; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 410 mg Calcium; 5 mg Iron; 201 mg Sodium;
375 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes