Chicken Baked in Sour Cream
- 2 1/2 to 3 pound fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Mix flour, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken through flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Place
browned chicken in 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Combine soup mix, sour cream and milk in small saucepan. Cook over low heat until
hot. Do not boil. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake in moderate oven (350 degrees)
1 hour or until tender.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 295 Cal (86% from Fat, 3% from Protein, 12% from Carb); 2 g
Protein; 31 g Tot Fat; 10 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 78 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 626 mg Sodium;
46 mg Cholesterol