- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, stems removed, washed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large
onion, cut into rings
- 6 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 4 ounces
sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Steam spinach until wilted; drain and chop.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in large skillet and sauté onions until golden.
Remove onions with slotted spoon, mix with spinach and place in buttered casserole.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to skillet. Brown chicken and remove to warm plate.
- Sauté mushrooms in remaining butter and remove to plate with chicken.
- Add wine
to pan and then stir in flour.
- Slowly add sour cream and stir until hot and thickened.
- Add chicken, mushrooms, and garlic powder.
- Place on spinach, sprinkle with cheese
and bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 390 Cal (77% from Fat, 13% from Protein, 10% from Carb); 12
g Protein; 33 g Tot Fat; 10 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; 367 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 376 mg
Sodium; 86 mg Cholesterol