- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon dried and ground chiles
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup cream sherry
- Orange slices
- Xanthan gum or other thickener
- Rinse chicken, pat dry, and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks.
- In a 3-quart or larger slow cooker, combine chicken, onion, garlic, orange peel,
chiles, cocoa, sugar, cinnamo, and cumin; mix lightly. Pour in orange juice and
sherry. Cover and cook at LOW setting until chicken is very tender when pierced
(6 to 7 hours).
- Skim and discard fat from cooking liquid, if necessary; then blend in xanthan
gum or other thickener. Increase cooker heat setting to high; cover and cook, stirring
2 or 3 times, until sauce is thickened (about 10 more minutes).
- Season to taste with salt; garnish with orange slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Per Serving: 36 Cal (9% from Fat, 9% from Protein, 82% from Carb); 1 g Protein;
0 g Tot Fat; 6 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 15 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 19 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.