Chilled Raspberry Soup
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen red raspberries, thawed
- 2 cups dry red wine (Burgundy works well)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Whipped cream
- Combine the raspberries, wine, water, cinnamon, and sugar substitute in a deep,
stainless steel saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer over
heat for 15 minutes.
- Press the raspberry mixture through a sieve placed over a bowl to catch the juices.
Discard the seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of the raspberry liquid and the cornstarch,
stirring well. Bring remaining liquid to a boil. Reducing the heat to low, stir
in the cornstarch mixture. Stirring constantly, cook until slightly thickened.
- Chill for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve chilled soup with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
Makes 6 (1-cup) servings.
Per Serving: Calories 89 (From fat 30); Fat 3g (Saturated 2g); Cholesterol
10mg; Sodium 3g; Carbohydrate 14g; Dietary Fiber 6g; Net Carbohydrate 8g; Protein