- 1 to 1 1/2 cups kernel corn (cut fresh from cobs, thawed frozen or drained canned)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper or pimiento
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons butter or cooking oil OR cooking spray
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Green and/or sweet red pepper rings, optional
- In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium heat or hot coals, cook corn, peppers
and onion in butter until tender but not brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat together eggs and milk with salt, if desired,
until blended. Pour over vegetables. As mixture begins to set, gently draw an inverted
pancake turner completely across bottom and sides of pan, forming large soft curds.
Continue until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir
- Garnish with pepper rings, if desired.
6 to 8 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
American Egg Board
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.