- 1 to 1 1/2 cups kernel corn (cut fresh from cobs, thawed frozen or drained canned)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper or pimiento
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons butter or cooking oil OR cooking spray
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim or low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Green and/or sweet red pepper rings, optional
- In 10-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium heat or hot coals, cook corn, peppers and onion in butter until tender but not brown, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat together eggs and milk with salt, if desired, until blended. Pour over vegetables. As mixture begins to set, gently draw an inverted pancake turner completely across bottom and sides of pan, forming large soft curds. Continue until eggs are thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
- Garnish with pepper rings, if desired.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
American Egg Board