This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cream of Asparagus Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound asparagus, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and
cook, stirring often, until soft but not brown.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Add the asparagus; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper and mace. Remove from heat.
- Slowly stir in the cream. Reheat gently.
- Serve in bowls garnished with hard-cooked egg.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 144 Cal (62% from Fat, 21% from Protein, 18% from Carb); 8 g
Protein; 10 g Tot Fat; 7 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 52 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 327 mg Sodium;
145 mg Cholesterol