Creamy Meat Balls
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 5 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sauté onion in half the butter in large fry pan until golden brown. Put the onion
in the slow cooker.
- Mix together the beef, eggs, salt and pepper. Form into small balls. Brown meatballs
in same fry pan. Sprinkle on the tarragon and marjoram.
- Mix together tomato paste, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar in the
fry pan. Scrape the bottom of the pan and cook for two minutes. Pour over meatballs
in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Melt remaining butter in the fry pan and sauté mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and the sour cream to the meatballs and heat through.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 608 Cal (63% from Fat, 32% from Protein, 6% from Carb); 48 g
Protein; 42 g Tot Fat; 9 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 85 mg Calcium; 6 mg Iron; 1255 mg Sodium;
250 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes