Crispy Lamb Chops with Thyme Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 lamb chops, well trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cup grated cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- 1 bay leaf
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Lamb Chops: Season the lamb chops with the salt and pepper, and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl place the cauliflower, egg and basil. Add a dash of the salt
and pepper. Mix the ingredients together well. Squeeze the mixture together with
your hands to remove any excess water. Firmly pack the cauliflower mixture around
the lamb chops so that they are coated.
- In a large saucepan place the vegetable oil and heat it on medium high until
it is hot (350 degrees F). Deep-fry the coated lamb chops for 5 to 7 minutes, or
until the crust is crisp and golden brown, and the lamb is cooked to the desired
- On each of 4 individual serving plates place the Thyme Sauce. Place 3 lamb chops
on top. Garnish the dish with a sprig of thyme.
- Thyme Sauce: In a small saucepan place the thyme, white wine, garlic, shallots,
bay leaf, and lemon juice. Heat the ingredients on medium low and let them cook
for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced to 1/3. Add the heavy cream
and simmer it for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced to 1/2. While
whisking constantly, add the pieces of butter one at a time. Season the sauce with
the salt and the pepper. Strain the sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 2518 Cal (98% from Fat, 1% from Protein, 1% from Carb); 8 g
Protein; 275 g Tot Fat; 7 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; 81 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 539 mg Sodium;
212 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes