- 1 large cucumber
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup cooked ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Remove the rounded ends from the cucumber and cut into 1/2 inch thick slices.
Scoop out some of the cucumber seed area with a rounded teaspoon, leaving the shells
and the others side intact. You are making a little hole in each slice. Chop scooped
part and save.
- Drain the slices well on paper towels while you lightly beat the eggs together
with the chopped cucumber scoopings. Stir in half-and-half, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and cook the egg mixture gently until set. Stir in
the ham and parsley. With a teaspoon, spoon the egg mixture into the holes in the
- Arrange on a serving plate.
Yield: 4 servings as an appetizer
Per Serving: 161 Cal (72% from Fat, 40% from Protein, 8% from Carb); 8 g
Protein; 13 g Tot Fat; 3 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 41 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 506 mg Sodium;
212 mg Cholesterol
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes