Curried Coconut Chicken Balls
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread out coconut on a small baking sheet and toast in oven until light brown,
10 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, blend together cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add chicken, walnuts, onion, curry powder and salt. Mix well.
- Form chicken mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll in toasted coconut to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Yield: 12 servings
Source: 365 Ways to Cook Chicken