Deviled Swiss Steak
- 3 pounds beef round steak
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut round steak into serving size pieces.
- Combine dry mustard, salt and pepper;
sprinkle over round steak and pound on both sides with meat mallet. Brown steak
quickly in oil in large frying pan. Pour off drippings.
- Drain liquid from mushrooms
and add enough water to make 1/2 cup. Add liquid and Worcestershire sauce to steak.
Cover tightly and cook slowly for 1 1/2 hours. Add mushrooms during last 5 minutes
of cooking time.
- Remove steak to warm serving platter and top with mushrooms.
Yield: 10 servings
Per Serving: 300 Cal (30% from Fat, 69% from Protein, 1% from Carb); 50 g
Protein; 10 g Tot Fat; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 7 mg Calcium; 5 mg Iron; 430 mg Sodium;
122 mg Cholesterol