- 2 pounds pan-dressed trout (or other small fish), fresh or frozen
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Thaw frozen fish. Clean, wash, and dry fish. Cut fish almost through lengthwise
and spread open. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch fry pan. Add dill weed. Place fish in a single layer,
flesh side down, in the hot dill butter. Fry at moderate heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn carefully. Fry 2 to 3 minutes longer or until fish flake easily when tested
with a fork.
- Place fish on a warm serving platter. Keep warm.
- When all the fish have been fried, turn heat very low and stir in lemon juice.
Pour sauce over fish.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 140 Cal (95% from Fat, 1% from Protein, 4% from Carb); 0 g Protein;
15 g Tot Fat; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 24 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 748 mg Sodium; 41 mg
Source: Possum Kingdom Lake Cookbook