Filet Mignon with Mushroom Marsala Sauce
- 4 (6 ounces) filet mignons
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Trim filets of excess fat and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a large, heavy skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add
the filets and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness.
Remove filets from the skillet and keep warm.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for approximately 1 minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the Marsala wine. After 30 seconds, add the Balsamic vinegar
and heat until the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from heat and add the green
onion slices. Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Ladle sauce over filet mignons and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 170 Cal (66% from Fat, 10% from Protein, 25% from Carb); 3 g
Protein; 9 g Tot Fat; 8 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 14 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 98 mg Sodium;
29 mg Cholesterol