Flank Steak with Peanut Sauce
- 3 pound flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, no sugar added
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat broiler. Place steak on rack set in broiler pan. Brush top side with the
1 tablespoon soy sauce. Season with black pepper; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the red pepper, oil and garlic powder. Heat
on medium for 1 minute.
- Dd peanut butter, rice wine vinegar and the 1 teaspoon
soy sauce with 1/2 cup water. Cook until smooth, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
Keep sauce warm.
- Broil steak 3 inches from heat for about 7 minutes. Turn over, brushing with
remaining soy sauce and seasoning with black pepper. Broil for 7 minutes more. More
time will be needed if you want steak well done. Let stand for 5 minutes before
- To serve, slice thin across the grain.
- Serve sauce in a small bowl beside meat dish.
- Serve with peppered vegetables for a complete meal.
Yield: 8 servings
Per Serving: 419 Cal (51% from Fat, 47% from Protein, 2% from Carb); 49 g
Protein; 23 g Tot Fat; 2 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 16 mg Calcium; 5 mg Iron; 468 mg Sodium;
114 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes