- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black pepper, slightly crushed
- Clean the mushrooms and remove just the soiled end of the stem. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients (not the mushrooms) in a 2-quart microwave
casserole or bowl. With the microwave on HIGH, cook for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from
the microwave, and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms. Return to the microwave, uncovered, and cook on MEDIUM
for 3 minutes. Stir every 60 seconds.
- Chill at least 24 hours before serving.
- To serve: Remove the mushrooms with a slotted spoon and place them on a bed of
parsley or endive.
Yield: 20 servings
Per Serving: 56 Cal (85% from Fat, 5% from Protein, 9% from Carb); 1 g Protein;
6 g Tot Fat; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 9 mg Calcium; 0 mg Iron; 120 mg Sodium; 0 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes