- 1 1/2 pounds mahi-mahi
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse mahi-mahi and pat dry. Cut diagonally into four 1-inch wide pieces. Place
pieces in 12 1/2 x 8 1/2-inch baking dish in single layer. Rub with salt and pepper.
- Divide the macadamia nuts and sprinkle half on fillets. Pour the coconut milk
around the fillets. Bake for 18 minutes or until opaque.
- Chop the remaining nuts and sprinkle over fillets. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Mahi-mahi is typically sold, fresh or frozen, as steaks or fillets. Mahi-mahi
fillets may be recognized by the row of red spots in the flesh. Plan to buy 1/3
pound fillets or steaks per serving.
Mahi-mahi has firm, large-flaked, sweetly moist flesh. For the mildest flavor,
remove the skin and cut away the dark, lateral line before cooking. It may be prepared
by virtually any method.
Per Serving: 537 Cal (64% from Fat, 32% from Protein, 5% from Carb); 44 g
Protein; 39 g Tot Fat; 6 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; 71 mg Calcium; 6 mg Iron; 201 mg Sodium;
160 mg Cholesterol