- 8 ounces sausage
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup
Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Salt to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté onion and garlic in a 10-inch oven-safe skillet. Add broken-up sausage
and cook until no longer pink, mincing as it cooks. Pour off fat if required.
- Beat eggs, ricotta cheese, heavy cream, and seasonings in a bowl. Add salsa.
Pour mixture over eggs.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until mostly set. (Do not
overcook or eggs become tough.)
- Remove from oven and top with cheese. Put under broiler until cheese melts and
- Allow to cool slightly before trying to cut.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream
(optional, but good).
- If serving for dinner, serve with a salad
Serves 4 for breakfast.
Per Serving: 535 Cal (72% from Fat, 23% from Protein, 5% from Carb); 31 g
Protein; 42 g Tot Fat; 6 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 388 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 1126 mg Sodium;
358 mg Cholesterol