Smoked Gouda-Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine pepper, garlic powder, paprika and the cayenne together in a small bowl
and spread evenly on both sides of the chicken breasts. Salt to taste.
- Cut the smoked Gouda into small pieces and place one quarter of the cheese on
each breast. Press down firmly and roll the breast starting with the narrow end.
Wrap each chicken breast with one piece of bacon.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken rolls evenly
in the butter until the bacon begins to crisp. Place the four chicken rolls in a
baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 218 Cal (49% from Fat, 49% from Protein, 1% from Carb); 26 g
Protein; 12 g Tot Fat; 1 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 17 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 150 mg Sodium;
95 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes