Low Carb Recipes
Smoked Gouda-Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Bacon
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup smoked gouda cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Combine pepper, garlic powder, paprika and the cayenne together in a small bowl and spread evenly on both sides of the chicken breasts. Salt to taste.
- Cut the smoked Gouda into small pieces and place one quarter of the cheese on each breast. Press down firmly and roll the breast starting with the narrow end. Wrap each chicken breast with one piece of bacon.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken rolls evenly in the butter until the bacon begins to crisp. Place the four chicken rolls in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Per serving: 218 Cal (49% from Fat, 49% from Protein, 1% from Carb); 26g Protein; 12g Tot Fat; 1g Carb; 0g Fiber; 17mg Calcium; 1mg Iron; 150mg Sodium; 95mg Cholesterol