Southwest Sizzlin' Steak
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 clove
- 4 beef chuck eye steaks
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- Prepare marinade. Brush over both sides of steaks; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Spray an 8-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Sauté 2 cloves garlic, onion,
green pepper, cumin and oregano on moderate heat, stirring frequently for 10 minutes.
Taste and add garlic salt, if needed.
- Meanwhile, sear steaks in a heavy fry pan over medium-high heat. Sauté 5 minutes
per side of medium-rare doneness.
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 35 Cal (35% from Fat, 18% from Protein, 47% from Carb); 1 g
Protein; 1 g Tot Fat; 4 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 15 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 506 mg Sodium;
0 mg Cholesterol