Spinach Garlic Soup
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, trimmed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup soy flour
- 3/4 cup heavy
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, bring spinach, broth and carrots to a boil. Reduce heat;
simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, sauté onion and garlic in butter until onion is soft,
about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add flour; cook and stir over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add to spinach mixture.
- Puree in small batches in a blender or food processor until finely chopped. Place
in a large saucepan. Add cream, milk, pepper and nutmeg; heat through, but do not
Yield: 4 servings
Per Serving: 288 Cal (77% from Fat, 11% from Protein, 12% from Carb); 8 g
Protein; 25 g Tot Fat; 9 g Carb; 3 g Fiber; 148 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 991 mg Sodium;
72 mg Cholesterol