Szechwan Spiced Beef Shreds
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger root
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 scallions, cut 1-inch long (use stems)
- 2 dry red chile peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 water chestnuts, coarsely ground
- 1 cup shredded bamboo shoots
- 1/2 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Splenda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Thinly slice steak against grain, and cut into matchstick-size strips. Marinate
for 2 to 4 hours.
- Heat 4 teaspoons oil in wok to 350 degrees F. Add beef mixture and stir to separate
pieces. Blanch briskly until beef just loses its redness. Remove to a bowl.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in wok. Add ginger, garlic, scallions and chile peppers.
Stir-fry about 10 seconds. Stir in sherry and vinegar. Cook until it bubbles gently.
- Add water chestnuts, bamboo shoots and green bell pepper.
- Return beef mixture to wok and blend all together. Pour in water or chicken broth.
When it begins to boil, stir in cornstarch mixture and continue stirring until sauce
- Add sesame oil, mix well and serve.
Yield: 6 servings
Per Serving: 287 Cal (56% from Fat, 30% from Protein, 14% from Carb); 22
g Protein; 18 g Tot Fat; 10 g Carb; 1 g Fiber; 18 mg Calcium; 2 mg Iron; 166 mg
Sodium; 51 mg Cholesterol
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes