Low Carb Recipes
The World's Finest Leg of Lamb
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (4 1/2 pound) leg of lamb
- 3 cloves
- Olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 6 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Trim the excess fat on the meat, but leave a thin layer. Make 1-inch slits all over the meat, and insert a slice of garlic into each slit. Rub well with a liberal coating of olive oil, and then coat heavily with salt and pepper. Wrap securely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least several hours - the longer, the better!
- Heat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Heat an ovenproof skillet large enough to hold the lamb comfortably.
- Remove the lamb to a platter, and pour off all but 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cover the bottom of the pan with the rosemary. Place the lamb on top, and cover the lamb with more rosemary. Place in the oven, and reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F after
20 minutes. Roast 40 minutes longer.
- To serve: Take the lamb, in its pan, outside. Ignite the rosemary on the top of the lamb. Allow the fire to burn itself out. Brush off the woody stems. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter, and enjoy!