Tuna Quiche in a Rice Crust
- 3/4 cup dry brown rice
- 2 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 (10 ounce) can tuna, well drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- Cook rice in water until tender, about 40 to 50 minutes.
- Mix rice with 1 beaten egg and dill. Press into 9-inch pie pan, forming crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Mix tuna with lemon juice, onion and parsley.
- Mix 2 remaining eggs with milk and Cheddar cheese.
- Assemble quiche by placing mushrooms on the bottom of the crust. Add tuna mixture,
then sprinkle with chopped pepper. Pour egg mixture over to cover.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and bake 30 more minutes or until center is firm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Low Carbohydrate Recipes