Wine and Pepper Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons green peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh parsley sprig (optional)
- Melt butter in a skillet. Add shallots and cook gently 3 minutes.
- Add brandy to pan and allow to heat through for a few seconds, then flame. When
flames subside, add wine to shallots.
- Stir in stock and peppercorns and boil rapidly
for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly reduced.
- Remove from heat and stir in cream and chopped parsley.
- Return to medium heat and heat through 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Garnish with parsley sprig, if desired.
Makes 3/4 cup.
Serve hot with steaks, veal or fish dishes.
Per Serving: 148 Cal (81% from Fat, 6% from Protein, 14% from Carb); 2 g
Protein; 10 g Tot Fat; 4 g Carb; 0 g Fiber; 25 mg Calcium; 1 mg Iron; 213 mg Sodium;
29 mg Cholesterol