This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) round steak or flank steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch strips, all fat removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons diet margarine
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon flour or cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Pat dry steak strips with paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt 1
tablespoon diet margarine in nonstick frying pan. Add strips of meat. Cook and stir
until brown on both sides. Remove meat from pan and set aside.
- Sauté onions in same pan until golden brown. Remove and place with meat. Add
remaining margarine to pan and sauté mushrooms until tender. Return meat and onions
- Combine broth, mustard, bay leaf and tomato paste and pour over meat mixture.
Cover and let simmer for 1/2 hour until meat is tender. Remove bay leaf. Make paste
of flour and water. Add low-fat yogurt and heat through. Don't boil. Delicious
with noodles or rice.
Calories: 175, protein: 23, carbohydrates: 6, fat: 7