Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Baked in a pie plate, this luscious blueberry-orange cheesecake whips up quickly
in a blender and is unusually low in fat.
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) container nonfat orange or tangerine yogurt
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, from an 8 ounce package
- 3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine Graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons of the honey;
transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. With the back of a spoon, press mixture onto bottom
and halfway up sides of pie plate.
- In a food processor container, place yogurt,
cream cheese, cottage cheese and cornstarch. Whirl until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs; whirl until blended. Pour about half of the cheese mixture onto the crust.
- Top with 1/2 cup of the blueberries. Cover with remaining cheese mixture. Bake until
firm, about 35 minutes; cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwaveable dish, microwave the remaining 1 tablespoon honey just until
liquefied, about 15 seconds.
- Add remaining 1 1/2 cups blueberries; toss to coat.
Top pie with berries.
- Loosely cover pie; refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
Yield: 6 portions
Per portion: 272 calories, 10 g protein, 8 g fat, 40 g carbohydrate
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Myrna.