This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Cheddar Topped Stuffed Potatoes
- 2 medium-size baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup coarsely grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes; pat dry. Using fork, pierce each potato in several places. Place
on middle rack of oven; bake 45 minutes until centers are tender when pierced with
- Remove from oven; reduce temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise in half; using teaspoon, carefully scoop potato flesh
into medium-size bowl, leaving 1/8-inch layer of flesh attached to skin. Set potato
- With potato masher or heavy fork, mash together potato flesh, cottage cheese,
yogurt and dill until well blended.
- Stir in chopped scallions. Spoon mixture lightly
into shells; place in shallow baking dish.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes until filling is hot.
- Sprinkle tops of potatoes with grated Cheddar and sliced scallions.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.