Chile Corn Bread
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons polyunsaturated oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
pound low-fat Mozzarella, diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 cups whole kernel frozen
corn, uncooked, but thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chiles, finely chopped or 1/4
cupchopped onion, or a combination desired
- Mix together cornmeal, salt and baking powder.
- Add yogurt, oil and eggs. Mix
well. Add cheese, corn and chiles. Mix well.
- Spoon batter into a lightly greased
2 1/2-quart souffle dish or a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees
F oven about 1 hour or until golden brown and wooden pick in center comes out clean.
Yields 10 servings - 180 calories per serving.