- 2 cups canned beets with liquid
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated onion or 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons Mock Sour Cream or plain low fat yogurt plus extra for garnish
- Put all ingredients in blender until smooth and creamy. If blender will
not hold entire amount at one time, add everything except 1 cup water.
- Pour off some of blended mixture, add remaining water and blend.
- Pour entire mixture into large pitcher and chill thoroughly.
- Serve with Mock Sour Cream
Makes 1 1/4 quarts.