Creamy Eggnog Cheesecake
Rum-flavored eggnog is a holiday favorite. Now you can enjoy low-fat eggnog cheesecake
during the holidays or on any occasion.
- 6 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 ounces fat-free egg substitute
- 1/2 cup nonfat powdered milk mixed with 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- Crust (see recipe below)
- 2 cups low-fat whipped topping
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated nutmeg
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fat free margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fat-free margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gently pat the prepared crust mixture on the bottom and partially up the sides
of a greased springform pan. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the cream cheese and sugar in an electric mixing bowl or food processor.
Add the egg substitute and blend well. Add the powdered milk mixture, sour cream,
margarine, rum and flour, mixing until the batter is smooth and well combined. Stir
in the vanilla extract and nutmeg by hand. Remove the springform pan from the freezer.
Pour the batter into the pan and smooth with a rubber spatula. Place the pan on
the center rack of the oven and bake until the cheesecake sets and is lightly brown.
If the cake begins to brown too quickly, cover the top loosely with aluminum foil.
The cheesecake is done when the center of the cake is firm to the touch. Remove
the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack until completely cool (about 2 hours).
- Once cool, refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When chilled, the cheesecake will
come out of the pan easily. Before removing the pan, loosen the cake from the sides
with a knife or metal spatula. Spoon the whipped topping into a pastry bag and pipe
it decoratively on top of the cake. Dust with a sprinkling of nutmeg. Cut into wedges
- Graham Cracker Crust: Heat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with
nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the flours, brown sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add the honey, softened
margarine and vanilla extract, and mix until combined. Add just enough water to
make the dough hold together. The dough will be stiff. Pat or roll out the dough
on the cookie sheet in a thin, even "cookie." Place in the oven and bake
about 15 minutes until evenly browned.
- Allow the cookie to cool, then break it into a blender or food processor and
finely grind. Place the crumbs in a small bowl, add the melted margarine, and mix
together. Press the moistened crumbs on the bottom and partially up the sides of
a greased springform pan. Add the cheesecake filling and bake as directed in the
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 11/28/2001 11:26 am.
1 (9-inch) cake serves 16.