This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon crushed red peppers
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 green bell peppers
- 14 ounces kidney beans
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 16 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 cups water
- 1 beer
- Pan fry at high heat, garlic, red pepper, and ginger for 2 minutes. Add turkey.
Stir into pan's ingredients, brown, and drain. Do not cover.
- In a large pot (2-3 quart) add browned turkey, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes,
all remaining spices, sliced green pepper, chopped onion, and beans. Add two cups
of water, bring to boil, stirring frequently. Simmer covered for 1 hour at low heat;
add beer now.
Ready to serve with grated sharp Cheddar cheese and oyster crackers.