Fat-Free Rice Pudding
- 1 quart skim milk
- 1/3 cup (heaping) rice
- 6-8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Cook uncovered and simmer for 40 minutes. Pour it into a container, cover and
let sit at room temperature for a couple of hours.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon to taste.
This thickens as it sits.
- Refrigerate, although it's never as good as at room
temperature. (Also, when cooking, you will need to skim the skin that forms on top.)
Posted by Gayle at Recipe Goldmine 2/12/2002 10:40 am.