Low Fat Recipes
Heart-Healthy Spicy Apple Bread
- 1 cup shredded apple (about 1 medium apple)
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 2 egg whites or 1/4 cup cholesterol-free egg product
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking
spray. Dust with flour.
- Mix apple, sour cream and egg whites in large bowl. Stir in remaining flour and
ingredients. Spread in pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Slice when cool, or wrap in plastic wrap, then over-wrap with foil. Freeze immediately.